Sunday, February 26, 2012

Quick and Easy egg bake

I wanted to share a really easy and healthy dinner I made Saturday night. It was one of those nights were I was looking in the fridge wondering "what can I do for dinner that doesn't require much work or thinking!". We have all been sick for weeks now and I am running on empty in the energy department. So I threw this together fast. I do many variations of this depending on what I have on hand and I hardly ever use a crust, like to cut the extra calories! So here it goes:

Quick & Easy Egg Bake

1/2 sweet onion diced and sautéed in tiny sliver of butter till clear
6 eggs beaten
1 1/2 cups of skim milk
1 pkg or @ 8 slices bacon chopped into 1/2 inches pieces (I used precooked)
Whatever cheese you like, I used cheddar cut into long slivers ( you could use shredded @ 1 cup)
Salt & pepper to taste

Pre heat oven to 425
Sauté onion till clear, beat eggs & milk, cut bacon, combine all in a square Pyrex glass dish
Lay cheese on top, (some will float, some will sink)
Bake for 10 mins then decrease oven to 325 and bake for 30 mins more till a knife comes out clean.

I served it up with some fresh sliced pineapple!

No comments:

Post a Comment