Friday, February 24, 2012

Cork board redo

I wanted to give a basic cork board a overhaul with a bold color print to spruce up my laundry/pantry/family organization area a new look. I recently saw a idea for this on pinterest from a blog called beachhouseinthecity.blogspot.com and thought it was soo cool, I just changed it a little by adding some accent ribbon too for a little extra pop of color and painting my frame silver.

I got this fabric from Jo Ann Fabrics in the home decor area for about 7.99 a yard, cork board is from Walmart.

First I spray painted the frame silver, them hot glued yellow ribbon and green ric rac on the edge to make the yellow pop in the print. Then I cut my fabric with just enough to fold in the edge, about half an inch. Next I used furniture tacks to hold my fabric in place. I got the tacks at Jo Anne's and I used two boxes (right with home decor and curtain supplies). And voila here is the end result! All ready for some kid art work, pictures or whatever!

The other dry erase calendar and to do list came from Target : )

No comments:

Post a Comment